Quillaja Saponaria or Soapbark
Quillaja extract comes from the bark of the Quillaja tree, also called the soap tree. The extract has a high concentration of saponin; it’s antibacterial and has a complex molecular structure making the extract perfect for different cleaning applications. We call it the miracle tree! Indigenous people in Chile have been using Quillaja for personal, household, and medical care for centuries.
This extract is highly concentrated, so a few drops go a long way. 2 oz makes 27 gallons of soap for all different applications, add your formulas.
- Face Cleanser: It degreases and cleans the skin without drying it. It moisturizes! Quillaja is antibacterial, so it helps with Acne and Teen Skin.
- Body Wash and hand soap: Quillaja it’s excellent for sensitive skin that dries quickly with commercial soaps. It leaves your skin clean and moisturized. Therefore it is recommended for people with Eczema and Psoriasis. Indigenous in Chile use it to clean up wounds.
- Hair: Quillaja is an excellent shampoo wash. It cleanses and detangles hair; you may not need conditioner! Quillaja doesn’t foam as commercial shampoo. The foaming in commercial products is to give you the psychological feeling that you are cleansing, that’s all. Quillaja is a natural extract that his quality is to clean, so there is no need to play mind games. Enjoy clean and silky hair without using chemicals!
Quillaja helps with:
- Hair Loss: Quillaja helps with the loss of hair and baldness.
- Colored Hair: Quillaja helps preserve colored hair longer without drying or damaging the hair.
Use: add half a spoon of extract in 16 oz of water (two cups of water).
Safe for children
- Baby Wipes: make baby wipes by adding 5 drops to in water to soak your wipes.
Household Cleaning and Degreasing
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, Floors, and Windows: Quillaja is a natural degreaser and antibacterial, making it a perfect multipurpose cleaner and degreaser. It works great on all kitchen surfaces. Wash windows, floors, and bathrooms. Safe, no harsh chemicals or harsh smells. The results are amazing.
Use 1 teaspoon in 3 cups of water, or add to an empty spray bottle with water.
- Laundry detergent: Quillaja will wash, soften, and preserve the color of your clothing for longer.
Use 2 teaspoons in 1 machine load, and voila! Clean clothes that smell fresh. You can add a few drops of essential oil of your choice if you want to achieve a specific fragrance.
Enjoy staying clean and healthy!