Before discussing how our household cleaners are naturally antibacterial and antiviral, let’s clarify what antibacterial and antiviral properties are. Antibacterial means that a substance effectively eliminates bacteria or suppresses their growth and prevents them from spreading. In comparison, an antiviral substance means that it suppresses viruses from spreading and inhibits their growth.
What are natural antibacterial and antiviral ingredients?
Countless plants have powerfully effective antibacterial and antiviral properties and are used in all varieties of daily life activities, from washing to cleaning to making medicine. One of the most common forms of using plants for antibacterial and antiviral purposes is through plant extracts. We, at CleanClean, make our products using only plant derivatives. We have carefully curated our household cleaners using antibacterial and antiviral ingredients due to their excellent properties:
- Soapbark Extract: is used in our home cleaners. Soapbark is the ultimate cleaner, used in all sorts of cleaning. It is also an effective antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal.
- Ethanol: A very effective plant-derived ingredient used in disinfectants and sterilizers eliminates bacteria and viruses without leaving a trace.
- Cedarwood: Has a distinct earthy aroma, helps calm the nerves while also having antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Clary sage: Naturally antibacterial plant; therefore is traditionally used to preserve foods.
- Basil: Fresh-smelling, helps fight a broad spectrum of viruses by preventing viral infections and boosting immunity.
- Bergamot: Commonly used in aromatherapy, it helps prevent viral infections, elevates the mood, and alleviates stress.
Try using household cleaners that are naturally antibacterial instead of contaminating your home with harsh chemicals.